Setting goals is essential to success. You can view, edit or set your boditrax goals on the kiosk, desktop or mobile.
Setting and Tracking Goals:
- ‘Set Goals’ can be found on the Home Page. This will take you to the target configulator, where you will be provided with the option to set and track up to six goals at any one time. For first time goal setters, all six spaces will read ‘N/A no metric’, click on one of these metric spaces to select a metric to target.
- The Target Metric Selector will appear, here you can choose which of your body composition results you want to target for change. You can search or scroll to your desired metric, once on screen: click to select.
- You will now be asked to select a target value. Note, this is the number you wish the metric to be and not the amount you want it to change (I want my muscle mass to be 60kg which is an increase by 2kg. Therefore, I set my target value at 62kg). You will need to scroll to the appropriate number. This number will include a decimal point. To target 62kg scroll to 62.0. The decimal place represented by the dot in the centre.
- Also on this page you will be presented with your Progress Counter and your Target Key. This is how all of the goals you set will be presented once set. Including in the three boxes; previous reading (on the left), current reading (in the centre) and Target (on the right). Within the progress indicator % achieved towards the target (0% when first set) and the target metric name will be shown. Click next and your goal will be set.
- Repeat the process for as many as up to six metrics. Muscle mass, fat mass and corresponding body weight are recommended after first scan as a starting point. The process is the same to change goals, click on an already set or achieved goal and you will be presented with options to, set new metric, set new target or delete and start a fresh.
- Once you are happy with the goals you have set, start your healthy nutrition and activity programme to achieve those goals. Include minimum monthly, maximum weekly boditrax scans to track your results effectively. As you progress through your programme your goal progress indicator will move. The percentage in the centre representing how much progress has been made towards achieving that metric target. You will also be able to see how all of your body composition results change through the Goal, Track and Snap tabs.
Handy hint: Make sure your overall body weight goal reflects your goals for muscle mass and fat mass. If you gain more muscle than the fat you lose, your body weight still go up!
To understand more about the other tracking features and how your body fluctuates through the days, weeks, months and even years, check out the other articles within this section.