Care should be taken when unwrapping the Boditrax kiosk in order to prevent damage. This should be done from the rear of the kiosk working from the base to the top. With the packaging removed you will be able to locate the key, this will be attached to one of the handgrip holders on either side of the kiosk. Use the key to open the rear of the kiosk. Inside you will find two cables in plastic bags which you should remove before locking the rear. The key should be retained by the facility manager.
In normal operation there is no need to enter the rear compartment as there are no user serviceable components inside and maintenance or repair should be referred to boditrax or approved agent.
Connecting the kiosk:
Each cable connects to the rear of the kiosk below the rear access panel and into the relevant socket in the wall. Please note that the power socket has a switch which needs to be in the 'on' position.
The scales should be level and each of the four rubber feet should be in contact with the metal base of the kiosk. Normally they only require minimal adjustment.
The kiosk can now be switched ON, this is done by using the power switch at the top left of the kiosk, above the screen.
If moving the boditrax monitors please note the following:
- Ensure that the full shutdown procedure is followed and that the K780 is disconnected from the power outlet and LAN connection.
- Do not attempt to lift the K780 – use suitable mechanical aids e.g. wheeled trolley.
- Do not use handgrip holders to lift or move K780
- Ensure that all four rubber feet on the underside of the footplate are in contact with the baseplate and that the footplate is stable and secure (See above)
- Where there is a significant temperature differential between the old and new locations allow the K780 a period of 2 hours to acclimatise before carrying out readings.